Friday, January 20, 2012

Essay

 I believe my best literacy narrative paper will be kind of similar to Malcolm X, Tanya B. and/or Anne Lamott. The reason why I believe I should pick their stories to write my first essay about is because I can really relate to them especially Malcolm X.

I know how it feels to have a simple vocabulary and not being able to have descent conversations with certain people about certain things. I have this friend that knows mostly everything about every subject that you can think of. He is always correcting how I speak. He is always making me feel like I am mentally challenged. I always feel like I have to speak very carefully when I am around him and after every sentence that I speak I look at him to see if that sentence was grammatically in correct. I would not say that I am as determined as Malcolm X, but I was kind of determined which I might write about in my essay if I decide to pick this one to write about.

I felt like Tanya B. when she said that they are always stereotyping mexican thats why I believe that she might influence me to write an essay about stereo types of African Americans speech "ebonics". A pethora of people always stereo type African Americans by the way they speak. They might say "they speak ebonics, slang, ghetto, or my favorite BlACK." What is speaking black? I never knew that black as it's own language. I always wanted to say away from those stereo types, so I tried to stay in my books in come up other words that I can use then simple words. in other words I just always tried to inhence my vocabulary.

Also secrectly I always had a little interest for creating a dramatic story. I can always take a medium boring day and make it fun. When my grammar school teacher assigned my class to write a story about our lives and make sure it is at least 1 1/2 pages long, somehow when I get into my story I always make it 3-4 pages long. My teacher always told me that she loves my stories because I really go into details and it seems like I really enjoy writing, which at that time I really did enjoy writing. It always fancinated me how you can put a spin on your own stories and make the ending come out to be similar to fairytales or similar to horror stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment