Also, I am weak at writing about other people work and thinking critically about them like articles, ads, etc. The reason being, I cannot really relate to what they are trying to tell their readers or viewers. I really cannot think that critically about what they are trying to state. I can say that I get half of it, but it is still more of what they are trying to state and I feel like I cannot get it. I have a vivid picture in my mind, but when I try to write it down on paper it sounds slow. I just stop at what sounds good and the rest I toss it to the side and call it a day.
On the other hand, I believe that I am strong at writing about my own ideas and experiences, free styling if you will. The reason why I believe that is because when it comes to free styling or giving me a topic that I can relate to I can just go on and on about it or until I feel like the paper is completed. I can fully write about it without any care in the world. For example, my narrative paper and my argument paper I did fairly well on them because they were my own ideas, my own reasons for picking them, and they were things that I had experienced.
Furthermore, I am strong at working well with others; well certain people. The peer review played a major role with that. At first I did not like talking to other people about my paper because I thought that they was going to think that my papers are stupid which means that they would think that I am stupid. When I think about it now my papers were more successful because of the peer review. The better peer review was the better my paper became. My first and last papers was fairly well off because I took full advantage of the peer review and I actually had some people to criticize my paper the way a professor or teacher would. On the other hand, my second and third papers were unsuccessful because I showed up to class late and did not take full advantage of the peer review. It also went terrible because the groups that I was in were not really focused. They were getting mostly all of their ideas form me. They were not participating or contributing, so I can at least get an idea or two from them.
No comments:
Post a Comment